Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lobsquatch



Today was the first day I started sewing since we returned from holiday on Monday.

I started the day with admiring some of the fabrics I bought in Vancouver. I just love this frosted pink fur, and the green one with blue tips!

Unfortunately, with limited suitcase space, I took only half a meter of each of these. Now I wish I had gone for a meter of each. If my calculations are correct, I should be cable to make 5 Sasquatches in each colour. Booooo.... :(








The top three fabrics are designed by my friend, Georgina, in LA.  I was lucky to steal some from her. They are just lovely!!!

Georgina and Iki kindly let us stay with them during out time in LA. There is so much to report on about our two week sin California, I do not even know where to begin! Will have to tackle that another day, in multiple parts, I think!

After some fabric prepping, to get back in the swing of things, I decided to try out something new. A Sasquatch in a lobster costume. I like to call this mixture, a Lobsquatch! :D

 For the first attempt, I think he turned out well, although I would like to add a couple of extra details to the next batch.

Now I'm hooked on playing dress-up with the Sasquatches and cannot wait to start making other costumes for them! My brain is exploding with different costumes ideas!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment